UX.Unmasked — My Experience with a Hospital Registration Form

A few months ago, I found out that I had a lipoma on my waist. It was right on the joint. It didn't hurt or bother me but it looked disgusting. I have had it for 9+ years. I was ignoring it. 

So, I went to the hospital to consult with the doctor. Since I've never been to that hospital, they asked me to fill out the registration form. The receptionist pointed at the table where they put the registration forms. I went there and started reading it. It was in our native language, "Marathi." And I haven't written a single word of Marathi in years. So I decided to fill it in English. 

After filling out the form, I tore it from the stack. I started walking towards the reception. I noticed the same registration form was in English on the back. LOL. I was so embarrassed. I folded that form and put it in my pocket. I started filling out the English version of the registration form. 

Then I got to thinking about why they have the forms like this. It's not like the hospital is saving the paper by doing that. I started thinking about the solution. The answer I came up with was having two separate versions of the same form. 

I went to the receptionist and told her they should consider my solution. 

She said, "nobody cares. And you're the first one to notice this."


Frontpage of the registration form

Back of the registration form

Comments

Popular Posts