Stay Hungry

Hunger, not for food, for reading. We crave food, there are a lot of reasons one of them is Emotions because we need to suppress the uncontrollable intense desire. The desire towards a particular food. We can’t live without food, likely we can’t live without reading too. I like to read new things, new books. I read to gain knowledge and entertain myself. I like to know things that others don’t know. I feel charismatic.
Reading is good for people. It may help you get knowledge or it may help you fall asleep or reading might help you lower the stress through laughter or tears, and offer exposure to perspectives different from your own. For me, reading helps me to escape reality. I go into the world that I want, the way I want, a world where I am strong and I can do anything which I am not able to do in the world where I exist. This is the reason why I am always hungry for reading. 
Reading is the most precious gift a human can ask for.
I bet you already know how to read a book. You were taught in elementary school. But do you know how to read well?
The first thing you need is a book. And the second thing you need is a peaceful environment. Never start from reading an easy book, pick the book you are not able to understand well and while reading note down the words you don’t understand, find the meaning of those words right away, Google the words, or keep a dictionary with you while reading. This will help you understand what the writer is trying to say. The writer always tricks the reader with his words. We (the readers) must anticipate the writer's work and try to puzzle out his work. People who think reading (or educating yourself) will ruin your life, I would ruin my life forever for the sake of reading a good book. Don’t just read to show people that you’re reading, read to gain knowledge, to learn new things. There is no need to tell people that you are reading, read for your own pleasure, read till you feel the hunger to read again. Read every day, Read until it becomes your habit. Don’t read to understand, read for entertainment or information then you will be able to gain knowledge. Stay hungry!. Be a glutton for reading. Period.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.

Comments

  1. Preach on! Reading is the most important thing to do to continue to grow mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started reading again for pleasure and I believe it is essential for personal development and growth! So many things to learn and discover! Great post to remind us of the essentials of reading. Stay Hungry indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is really important. It keeps one updated, informed and entertained. This is a very timely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the title. Though I am not a reader but I always do educate myself through other means. We have our preferences but I do appreciate you sharing this to us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading is a habit I have started in childhood and I am glad it has stuck with me up to this day. I am always hungry for learning new things and I love reading all about new things as well as learning about things that happened in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post, I used to love reading it is something I have always done since a child and that I shared and passed on to my Daughter. Sadly I do not get as much time as I would like to sit and read

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading!! And for me it is really important to have a nice a quiet environment. Otherwise, I just lose focus and that irritates me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read everyday, books, magazines, the news, blogs, social media. Sometimes the vast amount of reading material there is can be overwhelming. But I would rather have a world where I can read and learn than one where I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts